The No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 requires that each Title I School informs parents of the following:
- Your school's participation in Title I
- Requirements of Title I
- Your rights as parents to be involved
Wilson is a Schoolwide Title I School. In a schoolwide environment, all students and teachers may utilize any books, materials, software, etc. which are purchased with Title I funds.
Since Wilson is a Title I school, it receives federal funding (Title I dollars) to supplement the school's existing programs and parental involvement/parents' rights.
Any Local Education Agency, or LEA, with Title I Allocation exceeding $500,000 is required by law to set aside 1% of its Title I Allocation for parental involvement. Of that 1%, 5% may be reserved at the LEA for system-wide initiatives related to parental involvement. The remaining 95% must be allocated to all Title I schools in the LEA. Therefore, each Title I school receives its portion of the 95% to implement school-level parental involvement.
The LEA Title I Plan addresses how the LEA will use Title I funds throughout the school system. The Plan also addresses the implementation of the parental involvement requirements of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001. Evaluation of the Plan is conducted annually.
The ACIP is our school's Continuous Improvement Plan. It addresses Wilson's implementation of the parental involvement requirements of the NCLB Act of 2001.
The School-Parent Compact is a commitment from the school, the parent, and the student to share in the responsibility for improved academic achievement.
You may request the qualification of your child's teachers at either the school office or the County Board of Education. Wilson teachers are all Highly Qualified.
Any ideas, suggestions, or comments may be given to the Parent Advisory Committee throughout the year.
Title I Files