1. Background Check Required ---
(Applicants must pay the fee for the background check.) Take the receipt to the location indicated to get your fingerprints completed. Bring the paperwork to us showing you have your fingerprints completed.
2. Sub Application Forms (Please complete both local and state forms)
If you do not have access to the internet, you may obtain a copy of the Alabama State Department's substitute application at the Lauderdale County Schools' office.
Items to bring to the Central Office:
(1) Receipt showing background completed.
(2) $30.00 money order OR cashier's check
(3) Substitute applications (Local & State)
(4) Proof of graduation from high school or GED-such as diploma or paperwork showing completion of GED.
(5) Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification
(6) Copy of your driver's license or other picture ID and Social Security Card.
(Exception: If you are only applying to substitute for nurse, lunchroom, secretary, or custodian, you DO NOT have to complete numbers 2, 3, or 4.)
ALL substitute teacher applicants MUST attend a substitute teacher orientation session before being allowed to work.
It is the official policy of the Lauderdale County Board of Education that no person shall on the grounds of race, color, disability, sex, religion, national origin or age be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity or employment.
NOTICE: The Lauderdale County Board of Education is currently seeking qualified individuals to administer Assistive Technology evaluations to students on an as-needed contract basis. The individual(s) should have the necessary expertise/certification to do on-site evaluations and provide written recommendations to be considered by the student's IEP team. Contact Brooke Gilmer, Director of Special Education, to inquire.
Current job openings are posted on SearchSoft