Who We Are
Lauderdale County High School is a public school located in the small town of Rogersville, Alabama. We serve students from preschool through 12th grade on one campus. Our total enrollment for all grades is about 1200. We compete in the Alabama High School Athletic Association in Class 3A.
Our Vision and Purpose Statement
Statement of Beliefs
At Lauderdale County High School, our goals include:
- To make student learning the primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of the school.
- To acquaint students with democratic ideas and to develop within students the ability to choose with discrimination a code of behavior based on democratic and ethical principles.
- To establish an educational foundation upon which individual students learn to cooperate, to appreciate American heritage, and to exercise leadership capabilities.
- To provide well-organized and varied learning situations that will serve to develop students’ physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- To offer opportunities for students to develop through self-understanding, self-exploration, and focusing their abilities, interests, and desires toward a more fulfilling life.
- To provide a safe and physically comfortable environment that promotes learning where students are actively engaged in the learning process.
- To share the responsibility for advancing student learning with teachers, administrators, parents, and the community.
- To commit to continuous improvement in order to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.