ABC for Students
On Friday, July 31, 2020, Alabama Gov. Key Ivey committed $100 million for the Alabama Broadband Connectivity for STudents program which will provide free internet access for eligible students who choose to participate.
Click here to read more about ABC for Students. There are answers to some questions from the state about the program.
If you feel you may qualify for free/reduced lunch and have not signed up, you may make an application through your local school and the Lauderdale County School System. Click here for a link to the application page.
The state information says that families will receive notification by mail by the end of August if they qualify for this expanded service.
You may also read the Press Release from Gov. Ivey's Office.
And, finally, at www.al.com, is a news article about the program.
FCC Lifeline Program
The FCC Lifeline program provides a discount on wired or wireless communications to eligible households. Find out more about the program here.
Find out if you qualify here http://www.checklifeline.org/lifeline
Free Internet Essentials from Comcast for Two Months
- Be an eligible “qualified low-income household”
- Comcast/Xfinity Internet Essentials
- English - 855-846-8376
Spanish - 855-765-6995
7 am – 11 pm CDT
- All new customers will receive “a free self-install kit” with no shipping fee
Access from AT&T Program - Offering two months of free service to new Access customers who order by April 30, 2020. $5/month or $10/month thereafter, depending on speed.
- Expanding eligibility based on income and to households participating in National School Lunch Program/Head Start
- Waiving all home internet data overage fees
- Access from AT&T
- English 855.220.5211
Weekdays, 7 am - 9 pm CDT
Saturday, 7 am - 4 pm CDT
Charter will offer Spectrum Internet up to 100 Mbps for FREE, including in-home Wi-Fi, to new subscriber households with teachers or K-12 or college students for 60 days.*
- A free self-installation kit will be provided to new student households. To enroll, call 1-844-488-8395.
- Additionally, Charter will continue to offer Spectrum Internet Assist, our high speed, low cost broadband program for eligible low-income households.