Who is Eligible?
Eligibility for application is limited exclusively to men and women entering their senior year of high school in the 2011-2012 academic year who have at least a "B" grade average and participate in at least one of the 27 sports officially sanctioned by the National Federation of State High Schools. We want to hear from all student-athletes who work hard, are dedicated, and have become role models for your school's underclassmen. Students are judged based on their academic achievements, community service involvement, and athletic accomplishments.http://www.wendyshighschoolheisman.com/
If you've made a difference by volunteering in your community over the past year, you could win $1,000 and a fabulous trip to Washington, D.C., by applying for a Prudential Spirit of Community Award! Even more importantly, you could win recognition that might inspire other young people to follow your example. These prestigious awards, sponsored by Prudential Financial and the National Association of Secondary School Principals, have honored tens of thousands of middle level and high school students over the past 15 years solely for their volunteer work.
Our belief is that achieving a high grade point average should not be the only criteria for determining who deserves to be helped. For that reason we are offering a scholarship that will be awarded on the basis of character, as determined by evaluated the essays that are submitted.
Scholarships are intended for our future leaders across a wide spectrum of fields of study. This award is available to high school seniors and all students attending a post secondary educational facility.
You are not required to be taking Engineering courses to be eligible.
The Elks National Foundation will award 500 four-year scholarships to the highest-rated applicants in the 2012 competition.
- Any high school senior who is a citizen of the United States is eligible to apply.
- Applicants need not be related to a member of the Elks.
- College students are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States on the date their applications are signed; permanent legal resident status does not qualify.
- Male and female students compete separately.
Applicants will be judged on scholarship, leadership, and financial need.http://www.elks.org/enf/scholars/mvs.cfm
Who is Eligible?
- Any child or grandchild (or step-child, step-grandchild, or legal ward) of a living Elk who joined the order on or before April 1, 2009, or a charter member of a Lodge that was instituted on or after April 1, 2009, is eligible to apply. The Elk must also be a paid-up member through March 31, 2012. Great-grandchildren are not eligible.
- The applicant must be a high school senior.
- The applicant must apply online only.
- If the applicant's parent and grandparent are both Elk members, the applicant must apply through the parent's Elks Lodge.
- Students may apply for more than one ENF scholarship; however, they may win only one. In cases where the student qualifies for more than one, we will award the scholarship with the greater value.
- Legacy Awards may only be applied to accredited US American schools, colleges or universities. (Note: Applicants from Guam, Panama, Puerto Rico and the Philippines may apply Legacy Awards toward schools, colleges or universities in their respective homes.)
- Applicants must take the Scholastic Aptitude Test or the American College Test by December 31, 2011.
APPLICANTS MUST BE:
· CURRENT high school (or home-schooled) seniors attending school in the United States (or select DoD schools);
· U.S. Citizens; U.S. Nationals; U.S. Permanent Residents; Temporary Residents (in a legalization program); Refugees; Asylees; Cuban-Haitian Entrants; or Humanitarian Parolees;
· anticipating completion of high school diploma at the time of application;
· planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution;
• carrying a minimum 3.00 GPA at the end of their junior year of high school.http://www.coca-colascholars.org/cokeWeb/page.jsp?...
To be eligible to apply for the Horatio Alger Alabama Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be enrolled full time as a high school senior in Alabama, progressing normally toward graduation, and planning to enter college no later than the fall following graduation;
- have a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor's degree at an accredited institution located in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution);
- critical financial need ($50,000 or less adjusted gross income per family is preferred; if higher, an explanation must be provided);
- involvement in co-curricular and community activities;
- demonstrate academic achievement (minimum grade point average of 2.0);
- be a resident of Alabama and
- be a citizen of the United States
$3,000 per year, renewable, to a limited number of Alabama women who have both significant economic need and a sound academic interest. Scholarships are restricted to 4-yr, Alabama, SACS accredited postsecondary schools. Minimum ACT is 23. Must be Alabama resident and US citizen and must be able to prove financial need and academic proficiency. Applications are available online at http://www.linlyheflin.org/ .
Scholarship provides up to $15,000 per year, renewable for 4 years after all other financial aid is applied. Included items covered by the Smith Scholarship are tuition, room/board, books, study abroad opportunities, dorm pack business attire, mentors, emergency assistance, and professional advancement seminars. Qualifications are simple: 1) must be a graduating Alabama high school senior; 2) must have a minimum C+ GPA; 3) must be planning to attend a 4-year college in the state of Alabama; and 4) must have made a significant contribution to family or community. The foundation seeks students who have struggled against the odds whether financial, home life, or disabilities and have proven willing to help those around them. Completion of the online application is encouraged at http://www.smithscholarships.com/ .
$1,000, $5,000, and $25,000 scholarships are now available to all eligible high school seniors and BURGER KING employees.
The KFC Colonel's Scholars Program® is looking for high school seniors with entrepreneurial drive, strong perseverance, demonstrated financial need, and who want to pursue a college education at an accredited public institution in the state they reside.
Twelve hundred $1,000 scholarships to students in grades 9-12 living in the US are eligible to apply. Students need solid grades plus community service or work experience.
All high school seniors with asthma who will graduate in 2012; have achieved a level of excellence in one of the following: performing arts, visual arts, community service, athletics, or science; and will be attending college in fall 2012 are eligible.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate outstanding performance in one of the above categories
- Document a track record of achievements relevant to entry category
- Hold a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Have received at least one award related to their entry category
- Include all appropriate signatures, as noted in the application
All those who are awarded a 2012 Will to Win Scholarship will be required to supply documentation of the following:
- U.S. citizenship
- Acceptance to an accredited U.S. college
- Enrollment in college for the fall 2012 semester
All of the available scholarships are listed on this site.
The application can be found here.
All available undergraduate scholarships are listed on this site.
Any student wishing to study the building trade at a two-year, four-year or technical school in Alabama is eligible to apply for a scholarship.http://www.ahbfoundation.org/scholarship.html
Scholarship loans available to students planning to become teachers in critical need areas.
College Counts Scholarship – State of Alabama Scholarships! Assistance to Alabama high school students wit demonstrated financial need to attend college for the betterment of the student and the state. Must have an ACT of 26 or LESS. Applicants attending a two-year school will not be required to submit ACT scores. Apply online between January 2nd – March 7th.http://collegecountsalabama.com/
Listerhill Credit Union- Entrants must be a member of Listerhill Credit Union at the time of entry. Through a deposit of only $5, they can sign up for The Hill account at any of their 17 convenient locations. Apply at listerhill.com/thehill. Apply between January 22nd and February 22, 2013.http://www.listerhill.com/thehill
The Better Business Bureau of North Alabama is pleased to announce the 2016 Scholarship Program. Both junior and senior students are eligible. The local scholarship is for $1000 each. The number o scholarships awarded will be determined by thte scholarship funds received. The deadline for this scholarship is Friday, September 23, 2016 by 3 pm. See Mrs. Thigpen for more information!www.northalabama.bbb.org