Alabama Department of Public Health will offer a free wellness screening and flu vaccine to employees during the month of October and November. The wellness screening is a requirement for employees and spouses covered under PEEHIP Blue Cross and Blue Shield Insurance in order to avoid an increase in insurance premiums. The school nurse will have sign-up sheets available at each school site. (Flu vaccine is available but not a requirement of the wellness screening.)
Our website layout has changed, make sure to check this section for upcoming dates and check the "STUDENT LIFE" section for copies of menus, newsletters, and order forms.
Click the link below for access to supply lists for students for the 2017-2018 school year.
Every Child....Every Day
The faculty and staff of Brooks Elementary are dedicated to providing the highest quality of learning for all students by providing a variety of instructional approaches in a safe and comfortable environment enabling students to become confident, self-directed, life-long learners.
- Student learning is the chief priority for the school.
- All students can learn.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support learning.
- Teachers, staff, administrators, parents, students and community members share in the responsibility for providing a supportive learning environment within our school.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Cultural diversity can increase students' understanding of different peoples and cultures.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become confident, self-directed, life-long learners.
- Character Education will be incorporated into the curriculum and instruction will show that these character traits are essential to the success for all phases of life.
Brooks Elementary and the Lauderdale County School System is not responsible for content on external links.
HNH Health Hero Immunizations will offer the Flu Shot to students in grades Pre K-12 with private insurance, Medicaid, Allkids or for students without health insurance (the exception is PEEHIP Blue Cross Blue Shield). This is a voluntary school vaccination program and permission forms will be sent home with students beginning August 28, 2017 and must be returned to the school nurse by September 1, 2017. The date for this vaccination program is September 11, 2017 for all schools. . (The Flu Mist will not be available this year due to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations.)